Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-15 of 15
PLZ accounts of Deviantart - Started by: Masonicon
PLZ accounts of Deviantart
Posted: 28 Jun 2024, 11:10 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 28 Jun 2024, 11:12 PM.

for those here that uses Deviantart(in particular): do you Remember PLZ accounts?

I do, and my alternate accounts in deviantart are nothing but these. Eclipse did make PLZ accounts useless

Here's what's wiki page about PLZ accounts

RE: PLZ accounts of Deviantart
Posted: 28 Jun 2024, 11:59 PM

I remember those. Though I can see why Eclipse did away with those. Their actual PLZ system was rather clunky, it was YouTube algorithm mixed with Google Plus style letterism but more pictoral.

Posted: 29 Jun 2024, 06:35 AM

I remember those! my friends and I at the time would post whole journals of nothing but PLZ account icons so we could go back and use them as a reference source to find specific ones later. 

Posted: 29 Jun 2024, 09:08 PM

Pre-eclipse Deviantart is where we did use PLZ accounts somewhat frequently in either journals and status posts

Posted: 30 Jun 2024, 02:52 PM

Oh yes. I remember using plz accounts as reactions and as something to goof off with by adding multiple plz's in a single comment. Those were fun times.

Posted: 30 Jun 2024, 05:26 PM

Sometimes I see Plz accounts like Awesomefaceplz or something like that. I do wonder if they're still a thing now.

Posted: 30 Jun 2024, 08:33 PM

many of my favorite characters(including but not limited to: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream, Cuddles, Giggles, Toothy, and Petunia from Sonic the Hedgehog and Happy Tree Friends respectively) are all have their PLZ accounts

Posted: 30 Jun 2024, 08:50 PM

I used to own a couple of them, yes. Sadly, they got wiped when I was kicked off the site years ago, so they're blank now. The staff gave me permission to come back under a new account, but there's no point in making new ones now.

Posted: 01 Jul 2024, 03:59 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 01 Jul 2024, 04:18 AM.

Wix' buyout of deviantart may makes PLZ accounts of Overwatch characters never a thing, or at least stopping newer PLZ accounts from a thing

Posted: 02 Jul 2024, 10:33 PM

Masonicon:
Eclipse did make PLZ accounts useless

Actually it's the other way 'round.

The original plz-accounts (as in, dummy users whose avatars were used for inline icons) were rendered effectively obsolete when dA began crowdsourcing emojis from the "Chat-Friendly Icons" category (genuinely one of the few unequivocably good things they introduced in the 2010s). The index persists, but when they scrapped curated categories for dynamic user tags, it became impossible to add news ones. (I tried several months back.)

Which means, ironically, that plz-accounts are actually viable again. Eclipse's end to manual HTML formatting scrapped the old :dev: and :icon: shorthands, but they can still be accessed via the Avatar tab in "Add emote or avatar"—it used to be a royal pain since any search after the first would always fail unless you closed and reopened the widget, but testing now and they've FINALLY patched it to work as you'd expect.

And it only took four years..!

Posted: 05 Jul 2024, 05:41 PM

I remember I made a few plz accounts, mainly for the main cast of LittleBigPlanet 2.

Posted: 06 Jul 2024, 01:04 AM

here's one of the PLZ accounts I made in deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/kyliegriffinplz

Posted: 08 Jul 2024, 09:55 AM

I found a collection of them on archive.org

https://archive.org/details/plz-icon-pack

Posted: 08 Jul 2024, 08:30 PM

sqs544:

Good Lord, we finally have an index.

Shock Sunglasses GIF

Posted: 08 Jul 2024, 09:48 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 11 Jul 2024, 12:54 AM.

sqs544:

downloaded them into my hard drives

update: some of PLZ icons are missing from that pack

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-15 of 15