Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-7 of 7
Replacing Uploads - Started by: Thorvald
Replacing Uploads
Posted: 03 Dec 2022, 05:25 PM

Exactly what it says on the tin: While we can edit the metadata after submission, there doesn't appear to be an option to replace the upload itself. As someone who's revisited old works for touch-up months and sometimes years after the fact, delete-and-repost risks playing merry hell on existing feedback.

This will be of particular importance if-and-when I get around to posting the full comics: if I need to nickel-and-dime my storage space, I'd considered replacing hi-fi PNGs with JPEGs.

RE: Replacing Uploads
Posted: 03 Dec 2022, 07:12 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 03 Dec 2022, 07:13 PM.

In the upload page, if you upload a file with the same filename as an existing file, it'll replace that file.
So, say I have uploaded an image called 'picture.jpg'. I decide I want to replace that with an updated version. I go to the Upload Content page, and simply upload a new file named 'picture.jpg', and it'll overwrite the original version (without filling out and submitting the rest of the form). I can then regen the thumbnail to update it, and everything else stays the same.

-- BK

Posted: 03 Dec 2022, 11:02 PM

Are there any special rules for literature? Tried just now and it uploaded as a separate entry. (Moot effort though, as the text converter doesn't parse indents.)

Posted: 03 Dec 2022, 11:26 PM

That's really strange that it did that. It's not supposed to.

Just to make it publicly known, I'm working on an update that allows you to edit the parsed version of uploaded literature. I'll look into the literature file replacement process and see what went wrong, in the mean time.

-- BK

Posted: 04 Dec 2022, 03:47 PM

Thankye kindly!

Posted: 26 Dec 2022, 08:23 PM
BadKarma:
In the upload page, if you upload a file with the same filename as an existing file, it'll replace that file.
So, say I have uploaded an image called 'picture.jpg'. I decide I want to replace that with an updated version. I go to the Upload Content page, and simply upload a new file named 'picture.jpg', and it'll overwrite the original version (without filling out and submitting the rest of the form). I can then regen the thumbnail to update it, and everything else stays the same.

-- BK

That's good to know.

I was losing my shit a few weeks ago.

Never even occured to me to even ask you if there was a way to do it.

Posted: 27 Dec 2022, 02:02 AM

Unfortunately, with a recent change to deal with filenames with Unicode characters in them, this method of replacing files no longer works. However, I'm working on a replacement system that will be released in an upcoming update.
-- BK

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-7 of 7