Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-10 of 10
Imgur pulls an ImageShack - Started by: Thorvald
Imgur pulls an ImageShack
Posted: 03 May 2023, 08:00 PM

Existing users should already be notified, but it's worth repeating for the unaware: Imgur will be updating its terms of service May 15. The tl;dr is that existing archives are slated for pruning based on nebulously-defined criteria of "old, unused, and inactive content", alongside anonymous uploads and sexual content.

RIP the Last Good Free Host, and back up your files.

RE: Imgur pulls an ImageShack
Posted: 04 May 2023, 02:52 AM
Thorvald:
Existing users should already be notified, but it's worth repeating for the unaware: **[Imgur will be updating its terms of service May 15.](https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/14415587638029-Imgur-Terms-of-Service-Update-April-19-2023-)** The tl;dr is that existing archives are slated for pruning based on nebulously-defined criteria of "old, unused, and inactive content", alongside anonymous uploads and sexual content. RIP the Last Good Free Host, and **back up your files.**

Oooouuoh yes! Bubbalo Bill is so happy.

Posted: 04 May 2023, 05:08 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 24 Sep 2023, 12:36 AM.

Posted: 04 May 2023, 04:38 PM

I've probably seen imgbox in passing but never looked into it before now; it seems to be like postimages.org except it'll retain full-size fidelity in hotlinks. (LOL @ "If you need a bigger size limitation, try Imgur."—pretty sure even with an account you were capped at 5MB.)

I fully expect Discord to be a reliable file host... if more for their sake than yours. :X

Posted: 05 May 2023, 02:11 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 05 May 2023, 02:15 AM.
Thorvald:
Existing users should already be notified, but it's worth repeating for the unaware: **[Imgur will be updating its terms of service May 15.](https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/14415587638029-Imgur-Terms-of-Service-Update-April-19-2023-)** The tl;dr is that existing archives are slated for pruning based on nebulously-defined criteria of "old, unused, and inactive content", alongside anonymous uploads and sexual content. RIP the Last Good Free Host, and **back up your files.**

me: crossposts at least some of my Imgur posts elsewhere

Posted: 06 Aug 2023, 10:55 PM

soo any good image hosting sites out there then?? i use imgbox and i loove it but once i embed the images they take forever to load, i came across imagebam but sometimes the images don't upload AT ALL-

Posted: 08 Aug 2023, 09:51 AM

Imgflip?

Posted: 17 Aug 2023, 01:57 AM

I'm not sure if this would be considered off-topic or not (Imgur won't tell me if I broke TOS or not), but would anyone be able to help me with something on Imgur? I've consulted like five different places about this and I've not gotten a single response.

I have images, popular ones in fact (which means they weren't downvoted to death) which also "appears" to rule out TOS violations, where the image just vanished and in my gallery (on my screen) they appear as a blue mass with the title still intact.

The links to them still work, but the image is gone and my username is gone and it's just a phantom title. I never uploaded anything like NSFW material and my stuff definitely isn't inactive. Nobody anywhere is saying "X is why your image is gone", it's just poof.

Posted: 17 Aug 2023, 05:11 PM

I've had uploads break on postimg but that's a different site; if the URL is still valid but the image is gone, it might be some sort of database error. No-one at Imgur has looked into it?

Posted: 18 Aug 2023, 12:09 AM
Thorvald:
I've had uploads break on postimg but that's a different site; if the URL is still valid but the image is gone, it might be some sort of database error. No-one at Imgur has looked into it?

Not a single person, in fact your answer is the most insightful thing I've heard about it.

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-10 of 10