Page 1 of 4 :: Viewing 1-25 of 99
(unofficial) side7 live chat🗣️🗣️ - Started by: Camazotz
(unofficial) side7 live chat🗣️🗣️
Posted: 15 Aug 2024, 08:14 AM

oi! use this thread as a live chat on the site :] anything is allowed even just a random thought or a status update,,, but please keep it rated for everyone... 🧍‍♂️🤸🏃‍♂️

RE: (unofficial) side7 live chat🗣️🗣️
Posted: 15 Aug 2024, 08:16 AM

oh my god its charlie dormplerg FORRRREAL !!!

Posted: 15 Aug 2024, 10:01 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 15 Aug 2024, 03:28 PM.

I wonder what the protocol was for Team Baki if they were out on a mission and Gaara decides that he will listen to Shukaku instead of his sensei. Would be a bit of a challenge trying to redirect him when he's unstable or reluctant to accept requests.

For Gaara, when he's receiving a side mission from Shukaku, does he attempt to keep him in check for the sake of their village and the success of the mission? Or would his selfish nature at the time allow him to disregard his village and team?

Untitled1679-20240815061711

Posted: 15 Aug 2024, 03:29 PM

Live chats you say?

Posted: 15 Aug 2024, 09:50 PM

I have an idea-related question to put forward for everyone reading. Disclaimer though, not my idea.

Do you know how, on some sites like TV Tropes, Pastebin, and Neopets, advertisers have so much control that they can program the ads to take over someone's screen and nobody will care, all while sometimes messing with peoples' experience via the format?

Some of us (mainly one person, but not me) were thinking of that and we were talking about how AI artists will defend the hobby of AI with their life while hoping to find sample images while other people oppose AI art on these grounds (and the grounds that it's a shortcut to art).

Here is the idea. What if, instead of taking random peoples' images as samples, AI art machines took the aforementioned ads as samples, either resulting in keeping advertisers at bay because they know AI artists will sample what they put out there or allowing AI art machines to obtain the samples it needs harm-free (or both)?

Does everyone here consider this a good idea or a bad idea? Would this idea potentially solve the adblock, AI art, and over-advertising crises? And again, I am not the idea's creator (speaking of...)

chaseawaythedark:

Live can mean at-the-moment, it doesn't always mean living/manual. Which is good, I'm trying to change my laugh, it sounds terrifying enough to make a Batman comparison.

Scary thing about that, I tried one of those AI softwares that listens to one's accent and guesses what it is, and holy moly they're unfoolable.

Posted: 15 Aug 2024, 10:29 PM

BatmanWilliams:

Scary thing about that, I tried one of those AI softwares that listens to one's accent and guesses what it is, and holy moly they're unfoolable.

Whats the software? I'm curious now.

Posted: 16 Aug 2024, 03:12 AM

marven4lyf:

BatmanWilliams:

Whats the software? I'm curious now.

Look up AI GPT for Accent Recognition. It's more of a generic thing, as opposed to anything specific. You know those accent challenges a lot of people (like me as I have one up, though it's cheating in my case since I don't live in my native area) would do in the 2010's? It's like that, but in reverse. With a few exceptions, we're talking tech that analyzes your accent and pinpoints the area of the world where it best fits, to an exact coordinated area, if you find the right one. Results may vary though, for example what it would otherwise call my Kiwi accent is a loose cannon, so it ranges more.

Posted: 16 Aug 2024, 03:16 PM

Thats kinda cool, I don't know how to use it. Might try later or something, I wonder if it would be able to pinpoint my location since I feel like I have just a general American accent xD

Posted: 18 Aug 2024, 11:35 AM

hi, are these forums active?

any advice on how to get more views/watchers? I'm new.

Posted: 19 Aug 2024, 03:52 AM

your thoughts on Enterbots, 1001 Animations custom templates, and Animated Atrocities custom templates?

Posted: 19 Aug 2024, 01:39 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 24 Aug 2024, 01:57 AM.

it's been rough lately, but in any case, r/deviantarteclipse is a thing now i guess. anyone eager?

Masonicon:

your thoughts on Enterbots, 1001 Animations custom templates, and Animated Atrocities custom templates?

I like them all. 1001 Dalmations was a classic.

BatmanWilliams:

Live can mean at-the-moment, it doesn't always mean living/manual. Which is good, I'm trying to change my laugh, it sounds terrifying enough to make a Batman comparison.

Is that why they call you what you're called? Not that I'm any stranger to insecurity, which may explain some things.

Posted: 19 Aug 2024, 08:00 PM

I've been thinking of archiving my old kitten photos from my Dsi when I go home for a holiday or two.

Posted: 19 Aug 2024, 09:30 PM

Metaclaw:
hi, are these forums active?

any advice on how to get more views/watchers? I'm new.

It ebbs and flows. We have a few committed regulars but lately it's been pretty quiet.

I know a few people who've had audience anxieties, and honestly it's not something I have a good answer for. Site membership picked up last year after a pretty long stretch of languishing in obscurity, but compared to other sites we're still a small shop, and from what I've seen pretty much everyone actually active is a creator themself, and so is most likely to network with thematic peers. Were there a larger pool of pure consumers, it wouldn't feel so barren; but anyone who's wanted to quit the foundering big leagues knows the frustration of trying to transplant an audience. (I have had below-average success luring and keeping my own friends here. :x )

Speaking from my own experience, Featuring does make a difference: I'm much more likely to get interaction from my own followers when the works are rotating through the front page. :P

Posted: 23 Aug 2024, 11:23 PM

I'm Bored!

Posted: 25 Aug 2024, 09:16 PM

I wish my tracks would mix themselves.

Posted: 26 Aug 2024, 01:40 AM

Heroes TV show is riddled with Bad Writings following 1st season

Posted: 30 Aug 2024, 05:52 AM

It has recently officially been proven by scientists that dolphins engage in an advanced proto-language (I knew it) and the scientists can use AI to converse to a limited extent in dolphin language (albeit only about very basic hunter-gatherer smalltalk, apparently).

We should go ahead with interspecies communication booths.

Posted: 01 Sep 2024, 03:22 AM

Ball pythons are super cute because of their beady eyes.

Posted: 03 Sep 2024, 12:00 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 03 Sep 2024, 05:53 AM.

At times like this (Discord-related) it is a relief that I am a person who gets easily suspicious of others.

Posted: 03 Sep 2024, 06:09 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 02 Oct 2024, 07:16 PM.

I posted cringe. I will lose subcriber

Posted: 03 Sep 2024, 06:21 PM

It's times like these I'm glad this site is how it is. Last week, everyone was throwing dirt at Brazil for banning X for not censoring what it wanted censored, then he comes back and is like "psst, try the VPN" as if it would be that cut and dry (I can see where the stereotype comes from now). People really underestimate each other in the tech industry.

Welp, time to appeal to the Brazilians.

Posted: 03 Sep 2024, 09:00 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 03 Sep 2024, 10:23 PM.

BatmanWilliams:

Appeal to what? Abandoning state sovereignty?

One can argue back and forth about the acceptability of particular laws (the fine on general users does feel unduly punitive, although it was upheld by the Supreme Court), but Musk's modus operandi is to flout the law, and then crybully the inevitable retaliation. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences, and Musk was never an absolutist*. It's important to disentangle the broader censorship debate from the specific chain of events that provoked this, lest we become useful idiots in the Elonmob.

* At least regarding free expression.

EDIT: After several re-reads I think what you're trying to say is Side 7 is a refuge of level-headedness amidst social media mayhem? This penchant for wink-and-smile allusions makes it hard to tell the meaning to the words.

Posted: 04 Sep 2024, 04:46 AM

As a number of commenters pointed out on Youtube, Sony shutting down Concord while Nintendo revealed Concordia in the latest Mario & Luigi: Brothership trailer is funny.

Posted: 04 Sep 2024, 11:01 PM

Rationalwiki mess up with Google's algorithms to help destroying Internet

Posted: 06 Sep 2024, 08:17 PM

Thorvald:

BatmanWilliams:

Appeal to what? Abandoning state sovereignty?

One can argue back and forth about the acceptability of particular laws (the fine on general users does feel unduly punitive, although it was upheld by the Supreme Court), but Musk's modus operandi is to flout the law, and then crybully the inevitable retaliation. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences, and Musk was never an absolutist*. It's important to disentangle the broader censorship debate from the specific chain of events that provoked this, lest we become useful idiots in the Elonmob.

* At least regarding free expression.

EDIT: After several re-reads I think what you're trying to say is Side 7 is a refuge of level-headedness amidst social media mayhem? This penchant for wink-and-smile allusions makes it hard to tell the meaning to the words.

Sorry, it's the style I write in so I've become used to communicating like that too.

Page 1 of 4 :: Viewing 1-25 of 99