Page 29 of 31 :: Viewing 701-725 of 753
what are you thinking right now? - Started by: Defunct Account
RE: what are you thinking right now?
Posted: 03 Jul 2023, 09:19 AM

I think I got heartburn from this Quesadilla...

Posted: 03 Jul 2023, 09:42 AM

I miss having recurring friends.

Posted: 03 Jul 2023, 10:41 AM

Fish.

Posted: 03 Jul 2023, 10:56 AM

why did i eat so many blueberries? hecky dang i need local friends who i can give some of these to ~ded wizl~

Posted: 04 Jul 2023, 05:17 PM

I'm thinking what art sites to post to (besides here as I like to use multiple) since FA suspended me I don't feel safe there in terms of permanence.
Also I'm wondering why my cat is falling upside down between my legs asleep. I don't want to disturb her, though my knees aren't a very comfy pillow.

Posted: 04 Jul 2023, 06:27 PM

Been thinking about how I’ve always felt a bit cringey drawing my favourite characters obsessively, but now I realise life is too short so I’m going to draw a Bomberman attempting to snort crack

Posted: 04 Jul 2023, 06:30 PM
DaGrandDragonn:
... so I’m going to draw a Bomberman attempting to snort crack

A hero is just a Bomberman who knows he's free.

Posted: 05 Jul 2023, 03:43 PM

Got Buffy on the brain and might sneak an episode in before I start my work for the day.

I miss gummy worms.

Posted: 05 Jul 2023, 09:58 PM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 05 Jul 2023, 10:07 PM.

Right now I'm thinking about a meme I saw that said something about how in Spanish, the suffix "ito" means small or little. Take for example, burrito... the burro part means donkey, so a burrito is a little donkey. Does that mean a Dorito (little golden ones) implies the existence of a much alarger nacho chip... the Doro (gold)?

Posted: 05 Jul 2023, 10:09 PM

Ok now I'm thinking of the giant mythical corn chip "Doro" instead of wondering about work.

Posted: 05 Jul 2023, 11:11 PM
JediPrincess:
Ok now I'm thinking of the giant mythical corn chip "Doro" instead of wondering about work.

Ahahaha, sorry about that! xD

Posted: 06 Jul 2023, 04:29 AM
Inafox:
I'm thinking what art sites to post to (besides here as I like to use multiple) since FA suspended me I don't feel safe there in terms of permanence.
Also I'm wondering why my cat is falling upside down between my legs asleep. I don't want to disturb her, though my knees aren't a very comfy pillow.

If we're talking about permanence, Tumblr is the best candidate for you. Problem is their commenting feature is jammed and they never got around to fixing it. That and they have a reputation for being the Florida of websites.

OurArtCorner is permanent in the sense that they aren't judgy, but they're kind of on the chopping block..

Reddit won't remove you if you know what bounds to stay in. Some people find it easy to follow their rules, others are naturally inclined to find it difficult. Reddit has helped me more than any other site.

Gab is permanent, I think. I haven't been there as long as other websites, but I haven't seen any streaks of bias or anything. Only issue there is they house a lot of political far-outs.

KiwiFarms used to be permanent but they moved to the dark web because they had an even more rowdy audience, so the website itself isn't permanent.

There is a possibility the new website known as Lemmy is permanent, but the website itself may not be, and there are some usability glitches with it, as in nothing will happen when you comment/post. Another case of people winging it when they make a competitor website.

Finally, there's Wix, which is permanent, but who wants to make their own website just to post art?

In short, the best answer is Tumblr, then the rest of the above in no particular order.

What happened to you on FurAffinity?

Posted: 06 Jul 2023, 07:10 PM

Currently I'm thinking about why my weight gone from 56kg to 51.5kg over this past 2 weeks. I used to have a good weight on gluten but became gluten intolerant with extreme gut cramps. But could be the different hormones I'm on now or water weight from summer heat but I'm not very hot atm.

@chaseawaythedark:
Florida of websites? Like as in lots of hurricanes or rapid extreme moments of reactionism? :P
Yeah I considered Tumblr but the trouble with feeds is that posters who repost others images tend to show more up on people's feeds than the actual artists.
Twitter etc has that problem too and I know next to no one who really follows artists on social media who actually cares for art outside of pure consumption.
Facebook probably is more musey. I really prefer having an integral supportive community otherwise there's a lack of feeling of connection and equality.
DA and FA used to have that somewhat at least, probably more so DA because of the groups and such because it gives your own fanbase no matter how small (e.g. RPers for example in the context of furry worldbuilding) somewhere to go as well and I've always wanted to get into world-oriented art.
Though I don't expect people to take such interest in my art, especially these days, it's still nice to have that sense of potential there isn't it?

Our Art Corner seems pretty traditionally-focused so not sure how they are with digital stuff. I know some folk think /all/ digital stuff is like NFT/AI, etc.
And yeah I've been using Reddit, trouble is they tend to repost the same old "successful" images/artists and quite a lot allow AI and reposts which sucks.

I've heard about Gab, KiwiFarms and Minds from artists who were "alternative" in their political beliefs. More so in the sense they don't know left from right, like the Burned Furs and all that in the case of furries. Not sure how safe I'd feel on there lol. Plus like KiwiFarms' forums encouraging people to suicide isn't very tasteful, though they have made some good call-outs on pedos and such.

Not sure what Lemmy is, link aggregator? And yeah Wix and DA are the same people, Wix just seems like a portfolio people won't ever find lol.

And well FA called first an artwork of mine that was made before image AI thingy was publicly accessible.
Then they called my last recent artwork AI, which I spent months on. Probably because furries don't often see artwork that has a lot of time put into it.
God knows what they'd do if I post my latest work there, but I recorded more WIPs at least, plus kept more layers and even added 3D.
Fuck em if they can pretend a composite of all that is AI. Calling random people's art AI on a whim is gross.
But nonetheless I did find out they just answer report-spam. Social justice and rogue moderation.

Posted: 07 Jul 2023, 07:29 PM

What are "ants"?

JediPrincess:

The Road to El Dorito

Quote:
I've heard about Gab, KiwiFarms and Minds from artists who were "alternative" in their political beliefs.

Every time I hear about an upstart challenger to YouTube, I have a brief spark of excitement before peeking in and finding "free speech" is a codeword for "unmoderated cryptofascist dumping ground". ;_;

Posted: 07 Jul 2023, 09:04 PM

I'm thinking that it's next to impossible to vacuum under my desk but my cat keeps making a mess down there.
I need like a thing to keep her from going under there.

@Thorvald
And yeah I'm not sure I want to be associated with a site full of drama like that, politics aside.

Posted: 07 Jul 2023, 09:51 PM
Inafox:
I need like a thing to keep her from going under there.

The Hop Side of the Fluff is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural...

Posted: 08 Jul 2023, 02:37 AM

The one time that I'm feeling inspired and also not busy, when I should be putting my energy into something artistic, that energy is no where to be found. I guess I'm calling it an early night. I keep dozing off at my desk. Shake it easy, y'all. Have a fun weekend.

Posted: 08 Jul 2023, 03:05 AM

The trick to finding energy to do art is to take a break from the perfectionisms of your main art style.
Or something like that, some famous artist said that.

And I'm just wondering why people ask me how to get successful on Twitter and such when I'm not even on there.
It's kind of obvious how to get successful and that's to go to the dark side, but then you'd be giving up your artistic ambition and becoming public slave to clicks.

Posted: 09 Jul 2023, 01:25 AM

Bing bong bing bong bing bong bing ding bing bong bing bong bing bong bing ding (my current thoughts)

Posted: 09 Jul 2023, 04:25 PM

I'm hoping to do my best with using gohugo, It feels like I need to get a bunch of books just to look into starting with static site generators on my laptop. Those are my current thoughts.

Posted: 09 Jul 2023, 10:10 PM

Did you know for each hour passes for you, 1 second passes for me?

Posted: 09 Jul 2023, 10:34 PM
Inafox:
Did you know for each hour passes for you, 1 second passes for me?

Did you know that every 60 seconds, a minute passes in Africa?

Posted: 09 Jul 2023, 11:31 PM

I just found a bug where this thread had a new page but it was empty

Posted: 10 Jul 2023, 06:17 AM
Inafox:

Same on my end.

Posted: 10 Jul 2023, 05:27 PM
chaseawaythedark:
Inafox:

Same on my end.

Forum posts cloaking seems to be a recurring issue; advise @BadKarma whenever you see it.

Page 29 of 31 :: Viewing 701-725 of 753