Page 2 of 16 :: Viewing 26-50 of 385
So DeviantArt is committing suicide... - Started by: Thorvald
RE: So DeviantArt is committing suicide...
Posted: 14 Mar 2023, 03:05 PM
chaseawaythedark:
A strong suggestion I'd have is maybe Side7 could have premium contests, with the winner getting a good (real) prize

I'm interested in contests too <3

Posted: 14 Mar 2023, 07:59 PM

I know I've seen several posts in regards to the AI that seems to be taking over more and more of DA. Have dropped the hint/link that 'here' would be a good place to hang out...

Posted: 14 Mar 2023, 10:14 PM
BadKarma:
Aw! Thank you! Welcome to the site! I'm glad that you're here!
-- BK

No problem! And thank you, I'm excited to be here. ^_^ I can't even imagine how difficult it is to run a website with a three-person team (I briefly attempted website development while pursuing software engineering in college, and totally failed at both XD) , so thank you guys for staying dedicated and preserving Side7 all this time. Super excited to post more and be apart of what happens here :D

Posted: 23 Mar 2023, 10:29 AM

And now they're locking ad-free interface to that cOrE membership that nobody wants. Ho hum.
https://www.deviantart.com/team/journal/An-Update-About-Ads-954638854

Posted: 23 Mar 2023, 03:05 PM
WestKnightTV:
And now they're locking ad-free interface to that cOrE membership that nobody wants. Ho hum.
[https://www.deviantart.com/team/journal/An-Update-About-Ads-954638854](https://www.deviantart.com/team/journal/An-Update-About-Ads-954638854)

That's annoying as hell.
-- BK

Posted: 23 Mar 2023, 07:06 PM

In-between that and that DA's gotten really, really, really sloppy on their policing of people who're posting photos that should be on an OnlyFans account or some of the sexually explicit art, and has (from what I've been told on this) seen a really considerable increase of AI 'art', maybe it's time to cancel that core membership...

Posted: 23 Mar 2023, 10:02 PM

I knew this was coming, and am frankly surprised it hadn't started sooner. :|

SheevraSidhe0274:
maybe it's time to cancel that core membership...

Honestly I'm surprised you were still subscribed in the first place.

Side note but anyone who'd like some free core can hit me up for details. B-)

Posted: 23 Mar 2023, 11:42 PM

I was going to cancel before my next renewal but I thought that date wasn't until the end of this month...unfortunately it was actually the middle of the month so DA went ahead and renewed it. I just cancelled it but I'm still 'core' until 2024.

Posted: 24 Mar 2023, 12:17 AM

They messed the deviants you watch section even more, RIP

Posted: 24 Mar 2023, 03:39 AM
SheevraSidhe0274:
and has (from what I've been told on this) seen a really considerable increase of AI 'art', maybe it's time to cancel that core membership...

Can confirm, even after blocking as many AI tags I could think of, I still get shown all kinds of AI art in my feed. It seems like it varies from person to person, but for a friend and I, AI stuff has been inescapable, even outside of dA. :/

Posted: 24 Mar 2023, 04:04 AM

The Ai is getting out of hand on DA and so is the 'AI vs. non-AI' commentaries. And I know I've seen AI hints on places like Bing...

Posted: 24 Mar 2023, 09:18 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 24 Mar 2023, 09:21 AM.

I'm more open on the AI stuff (I mean, my works are probably too niche for models to scrap on XD), but after all the rambles last year, I'm now more wary of the 'beautiful' art on my home page - I'd assume it's just another AI work when they're too detailed or too colourful/vibrant to be manual! That's a bit of a shame for those artists who genuinelly have these talents.

Posted: 24 Mar 2023, 04:53 PM
SheevraSidhe0274:
And I know I've seen AI hints on places like Bing...

As I articulated elsewhere, boil it down to its essence and AI-gen is just a search engine with extra steps. All these companies integrating it into the front-end is basically bringing the enterprise full circle.

chromatic_mortality:
Can confirm, even after blocking as many AI tags I could think of, I still get shown all kinds of AI art in my feed. It seems like it varies from person to person, but for a friend and I, AI stuff has been inescapable, even outside of dA. :/

To quote myself:

Posted: 24 Mar 2023, 11:43 PM

Eh, I can do without for the most part. The question would be more of 'if your AI crashes, can you still work without it?" I can but there are going to be those who can't. And I know from some writer friends, the AI generated works are just as annoying as the art generated AI...

Posted: 16 May 2023, 11:53 PM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 16 May 2023, 11:58 PM.

I still use Deviantart to this day because I'm waiting for both a bunch of Unfinished Requests and a bunch of new Deviantart alternatives such as Artspacious and Preefix(the latter is for dumping AI arts if I ever considered those)

as I wait for Artspacious, I even tried this site.

what killed Deviantart for me was: rampant Cyberbullying there(one of them take place around the time of Wix' purchasing Deviantart, at least one that happened to me back then) as well Spambots such as John7321 favebombs everything I posted there as well bot-hijacked old accounts randomly faving my posts there, latter can makes up most of those that doesn't ignore me there. Eclipse allows spambots outnumber living users in Deviantart

other alternatives are either too Far-removed from old Deviantart(Inkblot and Artfol), died twice(Sheezy), stillborn(Artrise), and it's Drama did killed it for even me(Buzzly)

Posted: 17 May 2023, 01:17 AM

The cyberbullying is still going on fairly dramatically and it gets really ugly really fast. Was on there earlier to chat with a friend and was scanning through a number of the art posted on the main page and wow...some of the comments on some of the art just get nasty really quick. And then those who post in the comments are telling other people to block so-and-so because of something that's not even related to the art that's posted on the page. And then screenshots of the comments get posted on some other DA member's page and it keeps going on and on...

Posted: 17 May 2023, 01:47 AM
SheevraSidhe0274:
The cyberbullying is still going on fairly dramatically and it gets really ugly really fast. Was on there earlier to chat with a friend and was scanning through a number of the art posted on the main page and wow...some of the comments on some of the art just get nasty really quick. And then those who post in the comments are telling other people to block so-and-so because of something that's not even related to the art that's posted on the page. And then screenshots of the comments get posted on some other DA member's page and it keeps going on and on...

not to mention witch-hunts there

Posted: 29 May 2023, 04:21 PM

I think DA was suiciding before the AI and NFT thing to be honest.
I seem to have picked the wrong time to learn art, I kind of gave up on art sort of well I was doing long renders.
Just didn't want to upload my art there or anywhere cause I spend so much time on my art.

Posted: 29 May 2023, 11:54 PM
Inafox:
I think DA was suiciding before the AI and NFT thing to be honest.

precisely cuz of Eclipse?

Posted: 30 May 2023, 12:37 AM

That's one thing, but the new moderation just doesn't really exist.
There is hardcore NSFW stuff floating around the site without any mature filter, so schools, colleges and parents started banning DA because of it.
So then DA got more and more full of older artists, feeling less and less like a community and more and more like ArtStation because more and more were purely money-oriented but not really in it for the art.
The Wix redesign just made it feel less and less friendly for hobbyists imho. It's also one reason why I started learning art because I couldn't find hobbyists making stuff I liked anymore. I either saw walls of artwork made by the top 10 of DA on the top pages or was recommended stuff I don't like (now it's AI which is even worse lol).

Posted: 30 May 2023, 12:37 AM

Was on DA a few minutes ago and wow.

One 'artist' lifted an image from another artist (I've seen the original image and know they stole the image from that individual) and the only thing they changed? They changed the image from the original color to b&w. Another 'artist' took an image of actress Emma Watson and basically changed the image to one of NSFW. And another 'artist' basically showing support for a DA artist whose been accused of grooming.

Yeah, DA's definitely continuing its downhill fall...

Posted: 30 May 2023, 02:39 AM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 30 May 2023, 02:40 AM.
Inafox:
That's one thing, but the new moderation just doesn't really exist.
There is hardcore NSFW stuff floating around the site without any mature filter, so schools, colleges and parents started banning DA because of it.
So then DA got more and more full of older artists, feeling less and less like a community and more and more like ArtStation because more and more were purely money-oriented but not really in it for the art.
The Wix redesign just made it feel less and less friendly for hobbyists imho. It's also one reason why I started learning art because I couldn't find hobbyists making stuff I liked anymore. I either saw walls of artwork made by the top 10 of DA on the top pages or was recommended stuff I don't like (now it's AI which is even worse lol).

worse, there's people in deviantart that make money from AI-generated arts and/or literatures and become rich from it

also, my parents can be among those that bans Deviantart

Posted: 30 May 2023, 01:09 PM

Yeah... I mean, people were making money from other people's art on DA a while.
DA gets royalties, they don't care. Pretty sure DA is probably making a lot of the AI accounts themselves as it's a way to data launder and promote their own images back to their own audience. They get royalties and % that way and no one can "track" them down.

Posted: 30 May 2023, 01:54 PM
Inafox:
Yeah... I mean, people were making money from other people's art on DA a while.
DA gets royalties, they don't care. Pretty sure DA is probably making a lot of the AI accounts themselves as it's a way to data launder and promote their own images back to their own audience. They get royalties and % that way and no one can "track" them down.

This is exactly why I am a hero.

In truth I am Deviantart's equivalent of a Mujahid. Me and my kind will settle for nothing less than the complete destruction of Wix and the Deviantart administration.

Posted: 31 May 2023, 01:55 AM

All that over the presence of AI art? I think there are better ways we can expect this to go, if our minds are open enough.

waits and sees if anyone has heard of Devdazzle

Page 2 of 16 :: Viewing 26-50 of 385