Page 4 of 4 :: Viewing 76-88 of 88
Wish List Time! - Started by: BadKarma
RE: Wish List Time!
Posted: 17 Jun 2024, 05:56 PM

Maybe it's time to remove Google+ from the Sharing Links bar.. (and anywhere else it may appear)

Why: Google+ has been shut down in 2019, and so it serves no purpose, and makes Side 7 look a bit outdated

Also, might it be worth updating the "Twitter" share button, its url and its icon? Twitter has a new logo and is now known as "X" (I personally like the blue bird Twitter - reminds me of better times)

Posted: 17 Jun 2024, 06:12 PM

Speaking of links, I keep forgetting: dA Group on the main menu? :3

Posted: 17 Jun 2024, 06:14 PM

Sheepy:

Maybe it's time to remove Google+ from the Sharing Links bar.. (and anywhere else it may appear)

Why: Google+ has been shut down in 2019, and so it serves no purpose, and makes Side 7 look a bit outdated

Also, might it be worth updating the "Twitter" share button, its url and its icon? Twitter has a new logo and is now known as "X" (I personally like the blue bird Twitter - reminds me of better times)

Thanks for the reminders about these links. They should definitely be updated or removed. It's been a long time since I've paid attention to these links. I look at these pages so much I start to overlook details like that.

-- BK

Posted: 17 Jun 2024, 06:14 PM

Nah, I think we should go all in with the retro vibe.

Join us on #side7 @ efnet! Or visit our MySpace page!

Seriously though, good point.

Posted: 17 Jun 2024, 06:15 PM

Thorvald:

Speaking of links, I keep forgetting: dA Group on the main menu? :3

Could probably add that to the main menu.

-- BK

Posted: 17 Jun 2024, 10:10 PM

Video upload support?

Posted: 17 Jun 2024, 11:34 PM

While I would love to do that, it's not in the cards at this time. The expense of it is more than we can handle at the moment.

-- BK

Posted: 27 Jun 2024, 04:11 PM

This may or may not already be asked before, but is a dark mode site theme possible as a toggle in the future? It's okay if it's not on priority list right now.

Posted: 09 Jul 2024, 12:31 PM

Profile comments, could be a casual way to talk to someone without jumping right into private messages.

Posted: 09 Jul 2024, 01:50 PM

Zica-Supercharger:
This may or may not already be asked before, but is a dark mode site theme possible as a toggle in the future? It's okay if it's not on priority list right now.

Dark mode and themes are something that is in the works.

-- BK

Posted: 09 Jul 2024, 01:52 PM

marven4lyf:
Profile comments, could be a casual way to talk to someone without jumping right into private messages.

I'll give it some thought, but yeah, I could probably add that.

-- BK

Posted: 09 Jul 2024, 08:08 PM

BadKarma:
marven4lyf:

I'll give it some thought, but yeah, I could probably add that.

-- BK

Comprehensive profile customization is probably still down the pipeline, but you may want to make this toggleable. Over on dA there are some users that abhor "Thanks 4 Fav/Llama" spam, and remove their profile comments widget to head it off. dA refugees aside, I'm not sure if our userbase leans toward that culture, but it's worth bearing in mind.

(On a related note, I'm not sure how well pagination would play with the way comments currently nest, but it would help avoid massive doomscrolls on high-traffic profiles. See also: the Journals page.)

Posted: 09 Jul 2024, 09:24 PM

Thorvald:
Comprehensive profile customization is probably still down the pipeline, but you may want to make this toggleable. Over on dA there are some users that abhor "Thanks 4 Fav/Llama" spam, and remove their profile comments widget to head it off. dA refugees aside, I'm not sure if our userbase leans toward that culture, but it's worth bearing in mind.

(On a related note, I'm not sure how well pagination would play with the way comments currently nest, but it would help avoid massive doomscrolls on high-traffic profiles. See also: the Journals page.)

Good to know. I'll keep that in mind.

-- BK

Page 4 of 4 :: Viewing 76-88 of 88