Page 7 of 15 :: Viewing 151-175 of 369
So DeviantArt is committing suicide... - Started by: Thorvald
RE: So DeviantArt is committing suicide...
Posted: 24 Sep 2023, 01:42 PM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 24 Sep 2023, 01:45 PM.

This is honestly pretty cool Camazots, ngl. (I really want to make my profile page look pretty cool tbh.)

Posted: 24 Sep 2023, 02:20 PM
N0-11:
This is honestly pretty cool Camazots, ngl. (I really want to make my profile page look pretty cool tbh.)

It's something I'm looking into, along with making a Dark Mode for the site.
-- BK

Posted: 25 Sep 2023, 11:42 PM
i have posted the link for the style here if anyone is interested:

https://www.side7.com/u/Camazotz/journal/492

Posted: 26 Sep 2023, 04:05 PM
Camazotz:
i have posted the link for the style here if anyone is interested: [https://www.side7.com/u/Camazotz/journal/492](https://www.side7.com/u/Camazotz/journal/492)

Y'know, dA originated as a skin-sharing site...

...maybe we ought to complete the usurpation. HAV - Simon Bolivar

Posted: 26 Sep 2023, 10:04 PM

You know what Thorvald…That’s a wonderful idea!

Posted: 26 Sep 2023, 10:30 PM

I agree, we can revive the skin sharing community here!

Posted: 27 Sep 2023, 01:54 AM

Who would we appeal to though?

Posted: 27 Sep 2023, 02:36 AM

Sounds great. Also.....the idea of changing fonts wouldn't be out of the questions either. And Side7 could make a streamer similar to YouTube to compete with streaming giants.

Posted: 27 Sep 2023, 03:47 PM

Can Side7 handle streams though, I'm not even sure about that, what do you think BadKarma.

Posted: 27 Sep 2023, 06:55 PM

Currently, we are in no way set up for streams. :D That's a whole new mountain to climb to add that to Side 7 at this time.
-- BK

Posted: 08 Oct 2023, 01:17 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 08 Oct 2023, 01:22 AM.
I came across 2 deviantart slander meme videos: [https://youtu.be/hX4d_k2zxuk?si=DoiM32f3P6uceluN](https://youtu.be/hX4d_k2zxuk?si=DoiM32f3P6uceluN) [https://youtu.be/tpRoVaOfHFk](https://youtu.be/tpRoVaOfHFk)

as well how's current situation of deviantart?

Posted: 08 Oct 2023, 11:51 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 09 Dec 2023, 03:30 AM.
Masonicon:
I came across 2 deviantart slander meme videos: [https://youtu.be/hX4d_k2zxuk?si=DoiM32f3P6uceluN](https://youtu.be/hX4d_k2zxuk?si=DoiM32f3P6uceluN) [https://youtu.be/tpRoVaOfHFk](https://youtu.be/tpRoVaOfHFk) as well how's current situation of deviantart?

It's still the same thing as always, with the difference that I don't see as much AI art in the main feed (whether I'm logged in or not), I feel that AI art in general may be flooping, but that could be a bad impression on me.

One thing that I find comical is how some AI profiles are posting QUADRILLIONS of adopts posts and many of them have no interested parties haha.

I can't say anything about forums and social interaction on the site, as I almost never did it.

The search engine remains rubbish though.

Posted: 09 Oct 2023, 04:08 AM
Decco:

yeah, current Deviantart's rubbish search engine can killed dA for even myself

Posted: 09 Oct 2023, 04:22 PM
Decco:

I don't know what they changed or when, but it's at the point I have better luck searching through third-party engines than the site itself. Pieces that used to turn up in the first two or three pages I now can't find after twenty minutes of digging. :/

Posted: 09 Oct 2023, 11:37 PM
Thorvald:
Decco:
I don't know what they changed or when, but it's at the point I have better luck searching through third-party engines than the site itself. Pieces that used to turn up in the first two or three pages I now can't find after twenty minutes of digging. :/

if you're wondering about the change of current Deviantart's search bar, it's make us got 8k results(mostly irrelevant to whatever we type on the deviantart search bar) regardless of what we're looking for there

Posted: 10 Oct 2023, 02:25 AM

This is my issue as well. I can't find what I'm looking for anymore, so I don't even bother using DeviantArt's crummy search engine. I use an old school Google recreation for most things, but Yandex Image Search has given me better results when looking for pictures. While I was doing a bit of digging into my past, I decided I wanted to collect some of KawaiiDogArts' old art, and I used Yandex as a shortcut to the Wayback Machine archive of her old DA page because it's deleted, and that's also how I found out that most of her art, both old and recent, were saved on a VK fan page, and there are unofficial fan translations of her comic that I was able to translate back into English. I hate how DeviantArt's idea of "updating" the site is to just break it even more. The moment they finally decide to update groups, and the new design looks terrible, the forum layout hasn't changed, and there's no point to Core anymore. I just use it as an archive now.

Posted: 10 Oct 2023, 02:55 AM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 10 Oct 2023, 03:10 AM.
Shadane:
This is my issue as well. I can't find what I'm looking for anymore, so I don't even bother using DeviantArt's crummy search engine. I use an old school Google recreation for most things, but Yandex Image Search has given me better results when looking for pictures. While I was doing a bit of digging into my past, I decided I wanted to collect some of KawaiiDogArts' old art, and I used Yandex as a shortcut to the Wayback Machine archive of her old DA page because it's deleted, and that's also how I found out that most of her art, both old and recent, were saved on a VK fan page, and there are unofficial fan translations of her comic that I was able to translate back into English. I hate how DeviantArt's idea of "updating" the site is to just break it even more. The moment they finally decide to update groups, and the new design looks terrible, the forum layout hasn't changed, and there's no point to Core anymore. I just use it as an archive now.

that's also my issue as well, and would you link us what do you found with whatever search engines is better than current Deviantart's search engine?

also, the upcoming update of deviantart groups can mess up with my mega-crossover project further, unless when mine was salvaged from dA further

Posted: 10 Oct 2023, 03:38 AM
Masonicon:
Shadane:
that's also my issue as well, and would you link us what do you found with whatever search engines is better than current Deviantart's search engine? also, the upcoming update of deviantart groups can mess up with my mega-crossover project further, unless when mine was salvaged from dA further

Sure, this is what I found with Yandex's reverse image search, I managed to find the other pages to Twilight Spirits there. I definitely think the new layout isn't optimal for crossover projects, ARGs, or art RPGs, so I just use the groups here.

Posted: 10 Oct 2023, 01:49 PM

I honestly feel more better being in groups on Vk and here than DA, I used to add my art to groups. (It's crazy that DA's search engine is as busted as Google, it's pathetic tbqh.)

Posted: 10 Oct 2023, 01:53 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 10 Oct 2023, 01:58 PM.
Masonicon:
N0-11:
I never got to use Neocitites and some drama stuff happening there just turned me off from using it, I just wanted to try out Fc2 instead, I just wanted to use some other webhosting service mainly to make my first porfolio site. (I also want to be away from western webhost users anyways, at least I added neocities sites that I like in one of my repo site pages.) (I was thinking of adding a little shop there too, I'll think about it.) I also wanted to make my personal website from scratch just for a new hobby I'm still learning. (I really don't need an AI to help me code pages I wanted, I'm good with doing that on my own with the help of w3schools.)
Just curious, what's the drama thing that happened in Neocities? as well how to access and use FC2? by the way, back in late 2000s, I also make my own website with Blogger dot com too

I mainly heard that some people on Neocities are joining it to treat it like it's social media and generally starting crap, I mainly used fc2 because it looks more simple, and it's more quiet imo. (I just made an account on there in 2022, I wish I made the website in 2020 or earlier.) (You can access fc2 under the JP language more, you'll have to explore it and stuff, alongside in english.) It wouldn't shock me if Deviantart ends up like Myspace at this point.

Posted: 13 Oct 2023, 01:11 AM
N0-11:
Masonicon:
N0-11:
I never got to use Neocitites and some drama stuff happening there just turned me off from using it, I just wanted to try out Fc2 instead, I just wanted to use some other webhosting service mainly to make my first porfolio site. (I also want to be away from western webhost users anyways, at least I added neocities sites that I like in one of my repo site pages.) (I was thinking of adding a little shop there too, I'll think about it.) I also wanted to make my personal website from scratch just for a new hobby I'm still learning. (I really don't need an AI to help me code pages I wanted, I'm good with doing that on my own with the help of w3schools.)
Just curious, what's the drama thing that happened in Neocities? as well how to access and use FC2? by the way, back in late 2000s, I also make my own website with Blogger dot com too
I mainly heard that some people on Neocities are joining it to treat it like it's social media and generally starting crap, I mainly used fc2 because it looks more simple, and it's more quiet imo. (I just made an account on there in 2022, I wish I made the website in 2020 or earlier.) (You can access fc2 under the JP language more, you'll have to explore it and stuff, alongside in english.) It wouldn't shock me if Deviantart ends up like Myspace at this point.

update: Neocities is inaccessible without VPN

Posted: 14 Oct 2023, 03:57 PM
This post has been edited 3 times. Last edit on 14 Oct 2023, 04:00 PM.

On DA there is this loser who is going around claiming a friend of mine is using AI. This loser is using AI himself, he just has some kind of mental gymnastics where he hates artists and claims actual artists are AI to just piss them off. Clearly a psychopath as he is coldly repetitive and in some sort of psychosis making statements and claims that simply aren't true given bare proof.

My friend is extremely depressed, they have expressed suicidal thoughts to me in the past. They're very bothered by false claims that their work is AI or plagiaristic, while AI users have stolen their work directly and made a model of their art. Other trolls who joined in used this model as "proof" to my friend's watchers that they used AI when they didn't as it's trained on their art, thus inversely plagiaristic.

I reported this to DA and DA refused to do anything to the troll, they admit no warning was made. They called my retaliations to this user "spam" but refuse to do anything with the harasser.

I'm pretty sure libel and defamation is illegal, right? Not to mention enabling ableism and harassment in general, since many of the asshat's comments are attacks on my friend's autism.

If you look on my profile you can see where I removed the convo as the asshat came to me likewise on other accounts to say how my friend is using AI. Even for art I was there and /helped/ my friend produce and then they were saying "no it's AI". Like wtf, how deluded are these AI idiots?

Like these idiots just join, add some AI to pretend they're artists and worthy of being kept on the site. While just trolling artists, particularly the most sensitive of them all.

DA just said some patronising unprofessional remarks for my warning saying to "remind myself why I am here" etc. Well the PRO subscription that my other friend gave me runs out next month, so I said that I'm cancelling subscription.

https://www.deviantart.com/gaybaraart/about#my_comments (the bully) https://www.deviantart.com/justicearmor777 (example acc they also commented to) https://www.deviantart.com/inafoxy (my profile they also made comments on)

The link broke but may be that's a good bug report.

Posted: 14 Oct 2023, 04:42 PM
This post has been edited 3 times. Last edit on 14 Oct 2023, 04:55 PM.

I’m sorry that this AI-drone is messing with your friend, the only thing they can do is block this person. This person that’s going around hating artists and all that is probably a troll too, I hate to say that.

(How unsurprising that DA is being unprofessional.) (I honestly believe that people who suck up to everything AI related is just a mindless, soulless tech-drone at this point. Also just blocked him myself.) AI-drones just prove my many points that humanity is pure garbage sometimes.

Posted: 14 Oct 2023, 04:55 PM
N0-11:
(I honestly believe that people who suck up to everything AI related is just a mindless, soulless tech-drone at this point. Also just blocked him myself.)

Correct.

Posted: 14 Oct 2023, 07:11 PM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 14 Oct 2023, 07:12 PM.
N0-11:
I’m sorry that this AI-drone is messing with your friend, the only thing they can do is block this person. This person that’s going around hating artists and all that is probably a troll too, I hate to say that. (How unsurprising that DA is being unprofessional.) (I honestly believe that people who suck up to everything AI related is just a mindless, soulless tech-drone at this point. Also just blocked him myself.) AI-drones just prove my many points that humanity is pure garbage sometimes.

Humanity isn't pure garbage, AI drones are. Not only does most of humanity hate AI art generation, they didn't choose their species, otherwise I'm pretty sure humans would have been extinct long ago, because they would have chosen to become cats, or dogs, or something. :P AI drones really have the audacity to hate artists, but they wouldn't have AI art generation technology if it wasn't for them.

Page 7 of 15 :: Viewing 151-175 of 369