Page 2 of 4 :: Viewing 26-50 of 88
Wish List Time! - Started by: BadKarma
RE: Wish List Time!
Posted: 26 Nov 2023, 12:30 PM
Kahvinporo:
More profile customization options, like colour options or being able to rearrange the info-boxes... and being able to add new blank/custom ones!

The color options are definitely on my list. Being able to rearrange and customize the info-boxes is a long-term project. It's on my wishlist, too. :D
-- BK

Posted: 26 Nov 2023, 05:18 PM
BadKarma:
I've never seen nor used dA's Sta.sh feature. You'd have to explain it to me. -- BK
Masonicon:
let me explain: Sta.sh was Deviantart's file storage that used to store whatever we uploaded there without necessarily posted into Deviantart, we can also store whatever we posted there(pictures or writings) privately

Sta.sh essentially works as a parallel private gallery, and saves draft copies of submission data before it's published on the main site. It can be likened to the user's own "dev server" and has roughly all the same features, including a comments section and limited curation tools (Sta.sh itself isn't externally searchable, but users can freely share links to files/folders). In the mid-2010s dA added support for embedded images in user comments, and Sta.sh became the file host for those uploads.

Supposedly Sta.sh has a storage limit of 2GB for non-premium accounts, but in all the time I've used it I've never seen my capacity change. The main consideration for implementing something similar here is ensuring both the main gallery and drafts section read off the same storage limit.

Posted: 26 Nov 2023, 06:47 PM

Ah. I see. So, something like a cross between a mirror of the site and Dropbox. In other words, a huge, long-term project. XD
-- BK

Posted: 28 Nov 2023, 05:04 AM

Had a thought just now. I noticed I usually had to double upload a picture if it's both an individual image and a character reference. It'd be nice if the references field for characters could take both image uploads and pointing to submissions. But that'd probably require a db schema update, I'd imagine.

Posted: 28 Nov 2023, 01:15 PM
shadowkyogre:
Had a thought just now. I noticed I usually had to double upload a picture if it's both an individual image and a character reference. It'd be nice if the references field for characters could take both image uploads and pointing to submissions. But that'd probably require a db schema update, I'd imagine.

Yeah, that would be a schema change, but it's worth investigating. Thanks for the suggestion!
-- BK

Posted: 29 Nov 2023, 08:29 AM

Polls?

Posted: 30 Nov 2023, 03:13 AM

Do you mean polls in the forums? Or elsewhere on the site? Forums polls are on my list to do.
-- BK

Posted: 30 Nov 2023, 09:44 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 30 Nov 2023, 09:44 PM.
BadKarma:
Do you mean polls in the forums? Or elsewhere on the site? Forums polls are on my list to do. -- BK

I mean polls outside forum ones(in particular)

Posted: 30 Nov 2023, 10:56 PM

Yeah, I can put that on my list.
-- BK

Posted: 06 Dec 2023, 10:42 AM

Ability to disable forum signatures on the forums or/and limit how big they can be. I personally just don't like seeing LARGE signature images.

Posted: 06 Dec 2023, 01:55 PM
Kahvinporo:
Ability to disable forum signatures on the forums or/and limit how big they can be. I personally just don't like seeing LARGE signature images.

Yep. Forum signature preferences are coming in the next update. :)
-- BK

Posted: 06 Dec 2023, 06:28 PM

Art games section maybe? The whole draw the character above or design a character for the user above and that. Roleplay forums would be very fun as well ngl

Posted: 10 Dec 2023, 01:09 PM
i have a suggestion: to move the comment textbox to the top of the comments on posts, sometimes there are posts with a good amount of comments and replies, even whole conversations and we have to scroll all the way down to reach the comment box, i browse the site mostly on mobile and the pages turn to be even longer to scroll
Posted: 10 Dec 2023, 02:55 PM

That's really odd. It's supposed to auto-scroll you to the comment box. I'll see what I can do.
-- BK

Posted: 11 Dec 2023, 12:01 AM

After having mirrored a lot of my gallery, I realized how nice it would be to nest gallery folders within each other. Currently I just do this with common name prefixes. A folder tree in the future would be nice.

Posted: 11 Dec 2023, 01:31 PM

I have added that idea to my To-Do list.
-- BK

Posted: 17 Feb 2024, 03:20 AM

I might’ve mentioned this suggestion in a thread or two, maybe custom profile themes you can save after you mess around with html and css. Sorry, I don’t want to sound like a broken record. (I think I just need to git gud at coding my profile the way I want it to look.)

Posted: 17 Feb 2024, 06:58 PM
N0-11:
I might’ve mentioned this suggestion in a thread or two, maybe custom profile themes you can save after you mess around with html and css. Sorry, I don’t want to sound like a broken record. (I think I just need to git gud at coding my profile the way I want it to look.)

Yeah, it's been mentioned several times. It's on my to-do list. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to accomplish it.

-- BK

Posted: 18 May 2024, 11:03 AM

Hello.

These have probably been mentioned a bazillion times already, but I am very important (:P) so I don't have the patience of looking through all the forum for finding out. Sorry in advance heh. I am more about the technical stuff than the fun stuff usually. Also I am aware things may seem simple enough but really aren't, I get it.

Random image/audio/whatever button - I like this feature in general, because it makes for some very intresting finds.

Someone mentioned sta.sh from deviantart - that would be amazing so I won't reiterate. Just add me in saying that :)

I don't see many customization options for the profile page that I can use, maybe I am not getting how it works here but that would certainly be neat. It doesn't need to go over board.

An optional page visit stat display - I don't really care but some do.

Themes - While I don't have a problem with the design of this site (really, it is nice!), it would be cool to see an option or two for them late night browsings. Not neccessarily modern dark and dull.

People love badges and trophies and collectables (and that kind of stuff) - Surely something fun can be done with that here aswell.

A "browse by categories" thing would be cool - Suppose I don't know exactly what I am looking for by a tag. The tag "digital art" for example could mean pretty much anything.

I could go on and on (probably) but the teal dear is closing in.

Posted: 18 May 2024, 05:15 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 18 May 2024, 05:17 PM.

@ragukokarn Hello, welcome to Side7! If you're looking for themes, I recommend installing a browser extension called Stylus, there are a few different themes available, including a green DeviantArt theme.

Posted: 18 May 2024, 06:44 PM

Hey Ragukokarn! Thanks for the suggestions. Let me address them.

ragukokarn:
Hello. These have probably been mentioned a bazillion times already, but I am very important (:P) so I don't have the patience of looking through all the forum for finding out. Sorry in advance heh. I am more about the technical stuff than the fun stuff usually. Also I am aware things may seem simple enough but really aren't, I get it. Random image/audio/whatever button - I like this feature in general, because it makes for some very intresting finds.

That's a great idea! And wouldn't be difficult to add to the site.

Quote:
Someone mentioned sta.sh from deviantart - that would be amazing so I won't reiterate. Just add me in saying that :)

This one is on my "some day" list, mostly due to costs of running such a service.

Quote:
I don't see many customization options for the profile page that I can use, maybe I am not getting how it works here but that would certainly be neat. It doesn't need to go over board.

On the drawing board right now. Trying to design a way to customize that doesn't introduce security issues.

Quote:

There are two visit stat displays available. The first one is for the whole gallery. Just go to your account page, then click "Manage Gallery". View stats are there for Today, Last 30 days, Last 6 months, and Lifetime, as well as a graph for the last 7 days.

The other views stat is available on each content page. Under the upload's description, there's a block titled "Submissions Tools & Stats'. In there is a quick link to edit the submission, as well as the views over the last 7 days.

Quote:
Themes - While I don't have a problem with the design of this site (really, it is nice!), it would be cool to see an option or two for them late night browsings. Not neccessarily modern dark and dull.

Also on the drawing board. Again, trying to design a system that would allow for the easy creation of site themes and theme switching.

Quote:
People love badges and trophies and collectables (and that kind of stuff) - Surely something fun can be done with that here aswell.

This has been suggested before, and is under consideration. But, it's not a small task. So, we'll have to see how that pans out.

Quote:
A "browse by categories" thing would be cool - Suppose I don't know exactly what I am looking for by a tag. The tag "digital art" for example could mean pretty much anything.

On any submission, just click on its Category to browse all uploads by that particular category. And, I agree, there should be a more direct way of doing this for any category.

Quote:
I could go on and on (probably) but the teal dear is closing in.

No worries. I'm always open to suggestions and wish list items!

-- BK

Posted: 19 May 2024, 09:25 AM
marven4lyf:
@ragukokarn Hello, welcome to Side7! If you're looking for themes, I recommend installing a browser extension called Stylus, there are a few different themes available, including a green DeviantArt theme.

Thank you! Nice to be here. I have heard about such a thing but don't think I ever used it. Maybe I will, thank you :)

Posted: 19 May 2024, 09:34 AM

@BadKarma: Thank you for answering! I found out how some things worked after my post and realized how the stats worked - derp. I did not get a notification from the forum when you replied. Maybe that is the intended behaviour? Anyway. Looking forward to see what you are working on! Exciting times :)

Posted: 19 May 2024, 05:27 PM
ragukokarn:

If I read this right, you were also thinking of a public-facing viewcount, aye? I know some artists that have done "kiriban" rewards for certain milestones—I don't know if anyone here has a broad enough following for that, but it's one more tool in the box... :p

ragukokarn:
I did not get a notification from the forum when you replied.

Double-check whether you're actually subscribed (top-right button above page nav). Update 5.22 made subscriptions opt-in—previously it was automatic once you posted, but with no way to unsub, driving one user to frustration after the thread veered deliriously off-topic. :^)

Posted: 19 May 2024, 05:58 PM

@Thorvald

"kiribans' Oh! I didn't think of that thing, but you are absolutely right! I was refering to a display on the profile page essentially. Now we've got to have this ;) We can't miss out on million views give-aways and all that. Seriously though, I think some might be intrested in this. Some day.

Thank you, now that also make sense. I did not subscribe to the thread, no.

Page 2 of 4 :: Viewing 26-50 of 88