Page 2 of 2 :: Viewing 26-43 of 43
Wish List Time! - Started by: BadKarma
RE: Wish List Time!
Posted: 26 Nov 2023, 12:30 PM
Kahvinporo:
More profile customization options, like colour options or being able to rearrange the info-boxes... and being able to add new blank/custom ones!

The color options are definitely on my list. Being able to rearrange and customize the info-boxes is a long-term project. It's on my wishlist, too. :D
-- BK

Posted: 26 Nov 2023, 05:18 PM
BadKarma:
I've never seen nor used dA's Sta.sh feature. You'd have to explain it to me.
-- BK

Masonicon:
let me explain: Sta.sh was Deviantart's file storage that used to store whatever we uploaded there without necessarily posted into Deviantart, we can also store whatever we posted there(pictures or writings) privately

Sta.sh essentially works as a parallel private gallery, and saves draft copies of submission data before it's published on the main site. It can be likened to the user's own "dev server" and has roughly all the same features, including a comments section and limited curation tools (Sta.sh itself isn't externally searchable, but users can freely share links to files/folders). In the mid-2010s dA added support for embedded images in user comments, and Sta.sh became the file host for those uploads.

Supposedly Sta.sh has a storage limit of 2GB for non-premium accounts, but in all the time I've used it I've never seen my capacity change. The main consideration for implementing something similar here is ensuring both the main gallery and drafts section read off the same storage limit.

Posted: 26 Nov 2023, 06:47 PM

Ah. I see. So, something like a cross between a mirror of the site and Dropbox. In other words, a huge, long-term project. XD
-- BK

Posted: 28 Nov 2023, 05:04 AM

Had a thought just now. I noticed I usually had to double upload a picture if it's both an individual image and a character reference. It'd be nice if the references field for characters could take both image uploads and pointing to submissions. But that'd probably require a db schema update, I'd imagine.

Posted: 28 Nov 2023, 01:15 PM
shadowkyogre:
Had a thought just now. I noticed I usually had to double upload a picture if it's both an individual image and a character reference. It'd be nice if the references field for characters could take both image uploads and pointing to submissions. But that'd probably require a db schema update, I'd imagine.

Yeah, that would be a schema change, but it's worth investigating. Thanks for the suggestion!
-- BK

Posted: 29 Nov 2023, 08:29 AM

Polls?

Posted: 30 Nov 2023, 03:13 AM

Do you mean polls in the forums? Or elsewhere on the site? Forums polls are on my list to do.
-- BK

Posted: 30 Nov 2023, 09:44 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 30 Nov 2023, 09:44 PM.
BadKarma:
Do you mean polls in the forums? Or elsewhere on the site? Forums polls are on my list to do.
-- BK

I mean polls outside forum ones(in particular)

Posted: 30 Nov 2023, 10:56 PM

Yeah, I can put that on my list.
-- BK

Posted: 06 Dec 2023, 10:42 AM

Ability to disable forum signatures on the forums or/and limit how big they can be. I personally just don't like seeing LARGE signature images.

Posted: 06 Dec 2023, 01:55 PM
Kahvinporo:
Ability to disable forum signatures on the forums or/and limit how big they can be. I personally just don't like seeing LARGE signature images.

Yep. Forum signature preferences are coming in the next update. :)
-- BK

Posted: 06 Dec 2023, 06:28 PM

Art games section maybe? The whole draw the character above or design a character for the user above and that.
Roleplay forums would be very fun as well ngl

Posted: 10 Dec 2023, 01:09 PM

i have a suggestion: to move the comment textbox to the top of the comments on posts, sometimes there are posts with a good amount of comments and replies, even whole conversations and we have to scroll all the way down to reach the comment box, i browse the site mostly on mobile and the pages turn to be even longer to scroll

Posted: 10 Dec 2023, 02:55 PM

That's really odd. It's supposed to auto-scroll you to the comment box. I'll see what I can do.
-- BK

Posted: 11 Dec 2023, 12:01 AM

After having mirrored a lot of my gallery, I realized how nice it would be to nest gallery folders within each other. Currently I just do this with common name prefixes. A folder tree in the future would be nice.

Posted: 11 Dec 2023, 01:31 PM

I have added that idea to my To-Do list.
-- BK

Posted: 17 Feb 2024, 03:20 AM

I might’ve mentioned this suggestion in a thread or two, maybe custom profile themes you can save after you mess around with html and css.
Sorry, I don’t want to sound like a broken record.
(I think I just need to git gud at coding my profile the way I want it to look.)

Posted: 17 Feb 2024, 06:58 PM
N0-11:
I might’ve mentioned this suggestion in a thread or two, maybe custom profile themes you can save after you mess around with html and css.
Sorry, I don’t want to sound like a broken record.
(I think I just need to git gud at coding my profile the way I want it to look.)

Yeah, it's been mentioned several times. It's on my to-do list. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to accomplish it.

-- BK

Page 2 of 2 :: Viewing 26-43 of 43